How You Know Your Soul Is in Trouble by Amy Nuismer
by Mark Chmiel
1. you look forward to going to the bathroom to be alone, take off your mask & cry quietly
2. being in the 21st grade and knowing absolutely nothing about happiness
3. being so immersed in your prison you stop noticing what makes your heart sing, or, if you do notice the pang of longing you quickly recruit intellect to crush the rebellion
4. wanting patients to not show up. not have so many problems. finish your bare-bone note & get the hell out.
5. …having so many first world problems to complain about…
–Amy is a 4th year medical student.